We value our people. We continuously strive to develop and retain top talent. If you are a goal orientated individual in search of a challenging and rewarding career opportunity, MVIWATA ARUSHA offers just that. Our colleagues who come from a wide range of backgrounds all have a similar story to tell in terms of the wealth of opportunities at MVIWATA ARUSHA. MVIWATA ARUSHA offers opportunities for the best people to shine at every career level.
MVIWATA-Arusha is a member-based network of small-scale farmer group networks in Arusha Region (Mtandao wa Vikundi vya Wakulima wa Mkoa wa Arusha). As a middle level network of MVIWATAARUSHA (Mtandao wa Vikundi vya mkoa wa Arusha), MVIWATA-Arusha is focused on Arusha Region, working in the districts of Monduli, Longido, Karatu, and Arumeru (Meru District Council and Arusha District Council). MVIWATA-Arusha envisions to be a strong regional network of empowered small-scale farmers. Its mission relates to: mobilizing, capacity building and strengthen farmer groups and networks; Enhance capacities for effective communication, lobbying & advocacy, participation and representation; and improve the livelihood of small scale farmers. The main objective of MVIWATA-Arusha is to institutionally strengthen farmer groups and their socio-economic base.
MVIWATA-Arusha is looking for capable and enthusiastic persons to fill the vacancies below.
This is a new opportunity for the professionals who can deliver the requirements of the role with honesty, passion and confidence. The successful candidate will work with small holder farmer communities in Arusha Region mobilizing and sensitizing farmer groups development, agricultural & livestock commodities production and market linkages. These are a combination of Managerial and Field Implementation positions. The successful candidates will work with programmes that are implemented by MVIWATA-Arusha
General Skills and Abilities Required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to present technical concepts in lay terms; Goal-oriented, flexible, creative and ability to work hard under pressure; Ability to manage multiple tasks and to learn new concepts quickly;
- Be practiced and skilled at influencing key stakeholders; Excellent organizational skills: Prioritize and manage own workload, whilst having other team members in mind; Be friendly, approachable and adaptable; Manage relationships with relevant stakeholders; Prepare and present field interventions reports.
1. MARKETING OFFICER (ONE POST)
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Create strategies that help MVIWATA-ARUSHA farmers meet their sales objectives; Conduct research, evaluate product(s) demand, establish pricing and price negotiation strategies, identify a target audience, and determine the best way to reach that audience; Participate in package design, develop advertising campaigns, and choose media outlets, such as television, radio, Internet, billboards, or newspapers to promote farmers’ products;
- Build brand awareness through e-mail campaigns, newsletters, various fairs and exhibitions, and product placement in the media; Organize and participate in monitoring of the project
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- University degree in Agribusiness, Agro-Economics, or related field; Minimum 2 years of experience in the related field.
- Strong communication, sales, presentation, management, and leadership skills; knowledge of current marketing trends and multimedia platforms; strong budgeting, Internet, and computer skills.
MVIWATA-Arusha Head Office in Arusha Region
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested and suitably qualified Tanzanians should send their applications on or before the 4th February 2019, including a well written application letter, 3 referral letters, a detailed up to date CV, and 2 current passport size photographs. You do not need to attach any copies of academic and professional credentials at this initial application. Electronic applications should not exceed 2MB.
Send your application to:
The Coordinator, MVIWATAARUSHA, P. O. Box 47, Monduli, Tanzania.
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
After applying, only the short listed applicants shall be contacted and if you do not hear from us by 10th February 2019 consider yourself unsuccessful.
Walk-in delivery of applications and canvassing are prohibited.